Iver Heath
Bowls Club
Otium cum dignitate

Affiliated to Bowls England, Bucks Bowls, LSCBA, TVBA

About us


A brief history of Iver Heath Bowls Club 

Club motto - Leisure with Dignity

Iver Heath Bowls Club was founded in 1948, using what was originally a Council run green on the Recreation Ground.
We affiliated to the BCBA and the EBA in 1950. 

Our first county honours came in 1957. Since then our members and club have won many competitions at county, national and international level. 
Keith Hawes and Peter Picknell were the  EBA Pairs Champions in 2002 and went on to win the British Isles Pairs Championship in 2003.

At first we had no club house and meetings were held in the nearby Stag and Hounds pub. Our first club house was a small Nissen hut we acquired from Pinewood Studios; this was replaced a few years later with a wooden building which served us well for many years.
 
Our lovely wooden clubhouse was burnt down by vandals in May 1992. This was a terrible blow, but we kept going and with help from the Council and £45,000 from our own funds we built a brick clubhouse with modern, accessible facilities which opened in 1994. 

We unified our Men's and Women's sections in 2008 and were proud to be voted Bowls England Club of the Year in 2009. 

Chris Hill was Ladies President of Bucks County Bowls in 2015, a well deserved honour for her which also raised the profile of our club.

We have a policy of continuous improvement which maintains the building and facilities at a high standard, thanks to the hard work of our members.

Over the winter of 2014 we acquired new seats and tables for the bar area, with the help of Robbie Lynch, and installed a Wi-Fi connection, which is free for members and visitors. 

During the winter of 2015 we installed a web based closed circuit TV system, with a 30 day back-up, to improve our security and reduce the insurance premiums. This covers all the external spaces as well as inside the clubhouse. Most of the work was done by George Fowler, so a big thank you to him.
We have also fitted  new, more efficient boiler and will be refurbishing the toilets.

In the Spring of 2106 the upgrade of the toilets was completed. 
We owe a huge "Thank-you" to  Twyford Bathrooms, part of the Geberit Group who very generously donated the new fittings. 
Special thanks are due to Ilaria Genovese and Helen Jordan from Twyford Bathrooms for all their help and for answering all our questions. Thanks are also due to Steve and Alex who carried out the work.


The kitchen was replaced in early 2017 and looks wonderful. Thanks to Calvert and Boyd Farrer for their hard work.

The club has a dedicated "Green Team," led by Chris Robbins, who work tirelessly to ensure our playing surfaces are maintained to the highest standard.
The quality of our green, facilities and catering has earned us the honour of hosting county games and the county and other finals over the last few years. 

Iver Heath Bowls Club continues to enjoy a healthy status: our club and facilities are the envy of many and respected throughout the south of England.


We look forwarded to seeing you soon.